The Motorhome and Caravan Show is the UK’s largest leisure vehicle event, attracting thousands of visitors each year. Held at the NEC in Birmingham, the show features a vast array of motorhomes, caravans, campervans, and accessories from leading manufacturers and dealers here a quick look at our time at this epic show !
I guess this is the first time for this sentence, but long term readers will be expecting……
Alma the Adria is nestled under the trees but more importantly just a short stroll from the halls of the Motorhome and Caravan Show !
Staying at the CAMC pop-up campsite
The CAMC (Camping and Motorhome Club) normally operate a pop-up campsite at the NEC during the Motorhome and Caravan Show.
The campsite is located on a mixture of tarmac or shingle pitches, as we didn’t book particularly early we are on the slightly waterlogged shingle pitches, but hey it’s the end of October what can you expect. It’s fairly basic and pretty much overpriced but it offers a range of facilities, including:
- Electric hook-ups
- Water and waste disposal points
- Shower and toilet blocks (somewhere)
- Security patrols
Staying at the CAMC pop-up campsite is a great way to make the most of your visit to the Motorhome and Caravan Show. It takes away the rush to get here and we were able to enjoy a leisurely breakfast each morning.
P.s. the noise of the generator was horrible.
What to expect at the Motorhome and Caravan Show 2023
- New models on display: The show is a great opportunity to see the latest models from all the major manufacturers. You’ll be able to get up close and personal with the latest vehicles, compare features, and speak to experts about the pros and cons of each model.
- Expert advice: There will be plenty of experts on hand to answer your questions about all aspects of motorhome and caravan ownership. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or a complete beginner, you’re sure to find the information you need, the inspiration theatre is the places to be, we got to see the amazing Kat Bird, highlands to hammocks. Only vans talking about their time in Morocco
- Accessories and camping gear: In addition to vehicles, the show also features a wide range of accessories and camping gear. You’ll be able to find everything you need for your next camping trip, from awnings and furniture to clothing and cooking equipment, bring your flexible friend (yep I’m that old) it’s in for a hard time
- Live demonstrations: There will be a number of live demonstrations taking place throughout the show. These demonstrations will cover a variety of topics, such as motorhome manoeuvring, caravan towing, and camping cooking, the swift stand had celebrity chela Rachel Green. Who was joined by different guest throughout the day.
- Competitions and giveaways: There will be a number of competitions and giveaways taking place throughout the show. You could win a motorhome, caravan, or camping gear, so be sure to enter as many competitions as possible! – p.s. dont think we won a thing 🙁
Tips for making the most of your visit to the Motorhome and Caravan Show
- Plan your visit in advance: The show is a huge event, so it’s important to plan your visit in advance. Make a list of the manufacturers and dealers you want to visit, and create a schedule for your day.
- Wear comfortable shoes: You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so it’s important to wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring a bag: You’ll be collecting brochures and other information, so it’s a good idea to bring a bag to carry it all in- Or visit the Motorhome Matt podcast stand to grab a show must have, a bright orange tite bag !
- Take breaks: The show can be overwhelming, so it’s important to take breaks throughout the day. Step outside for some fresh air, or find a quiet spot to sit down and relax.
- Enjoy yourself! The Motorhome and Caravan Show is a great event, so be sure to relax and enjoy yourself.
The Motorhome and Caravan Show is a must-visit event and one we attempt to get each year for anyone interested in motorhomes, caravans, or camping you really shouldn’t miss it !
With its vast array of vehicles, accessories, and camping gear, the show is the perfect place to find everything you need for your next camping trip.